[Insight-users] Regarding arbitrary region extraction

xuanaux xuanaux at gmail.com
Fri May 21 22:15:14 EDT 2010

I have a problem of extracting a region in a 3-D image defined by contours
loaded from DICOM RT structure file. Basically, I have a cloud of points
which define the boundary of a certain organ. I want to extract the region
inside the boundary and apply further process. RegionOfInterestImageFilter
can only extract a cuboid, but I really want to get rid of the image outside
the boundary. I tried to create 2-D polygons using those points slice by
slice. But I have no idea what can I do next. Could anyone give me some
advices? Thanks!