[Insight-users] Regarding arbitrary region extraction

xuanaux xuanaux at gmail.com
Mon May 24 14:38:37 EDT 2010

Hi, Luis

Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Sorry I did not clearly state the problem I want to solve. Actually, I have
already got the bounding box of the contours by RegionOfInterestImageFilter.
But I am not satisfied with the result by RegionOfInterestImageFilter. For
example, I am trying to get the heart volume. But the bounding box contains
some "redundant" volume of liver and chest wall as well, which is undesired
because these parts may influence the accuracy of following registration
process. I want to get a "clean" heart volume defined by contours of heart.
I wonder is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Xuan