[Insight-users] Using image iterators combined with filters in a loop

Merrem, Andreas andreas.merrem at medma.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed May 26 14:07:48 EDT 2010

Hello Luis (or anyone else who can help),

Thanks a lot for your last answer to my registration question.
Right now I'm stuck with another problem. I am writing a registration
program that involves using image iterators and filters within a loop.
To test some parts of what I want to do, I have written a test program
that should read two images and process them with a loop. I want to
multiply all pixel values by a factor and then smooth one of them during
each loop iteration.

This way, the program compiles, but it doesn't work the way it should
(the first output image is the input image multiplied by the factor only
once and then smoothed).
It does work the way it should when I don't use a loop, copy and paste
the content of the loop e.g. 3 times, and instantiate a both a new
iterator and a new smoothing filter for each "iteration".
However, I can't do that for an arbitrary number of iterations (I would
have multiple definitions).

Is there a way to use one smoothing filter and one iterator for my
program?
Thank you very much for your help,

Andreas