[Insight-users] ERROR C1083 with the examples of InsightToolkit-3.20.0

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 08:49:04 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Marcos Belmonte <marcosbelm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm Marcos Belmonte, from Spain. I have downloaded the examples for the
> book "The ITK Software Guide" Second edition and I have errors. The steps I
> follow it's:
>
> 1)opening Cmake from cygwin, and put the directory of
> DataRepresenting/Image, for example  and I create a folder for the building.
> 2)pressing configure and generate
> 3)I use visual C++ so then I go to the build folder and execute the VC++
> project, but I have a lot of C1083 errors such as \RGBImage.cxx(21) : fatal
> error C1083: No se puede abrir el archivo incluir: 'itkImage.h': No such
> file or directory
> It's true that in the directory when there are the files .cxx there aren't
> .h files, but I thought they are found with CMakeLists.txt
>
> What can I do for solving the problem?

I would download the windows version of cmake-2.8.3. And use that to
configure the itk source then build it. Remember to build itk out of
source.

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Out-of-source_build_trees

Also if you enable the examples at the cmake-gui stage they should not
have these header file not found errors...

John