[Insight-users] automatic segmentation

H-B h4cd at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 10:36:12 EST 2010

Dear Jon,

i am working in a research to improve Finite Element Model(FEM).
i choose the heart as an example. (if you have any suggestion tell me) it should be very realistic. (elasticity, because i choose the surgery simulation as an example that need improvement in FEM to be fast)

i realy dont know where i will find the FEM and where should it be. i am lost

but i think the following steps will help me:
  1. segment the image (i think watershed , but dawood advice me to another)
           (i think about using another segmentation program as you know,)
 2. construct 3d tetrahedral using TetGet. if there is away to construct it using itk only, pleas tell me.

then i dont know what shoul i do

thank you for all.

  H.B