[Insight-users] 2d 3d registration with multiple 2d images

Philipp Steininger phil.steininger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 02:53:34 EST 2010

Hello Alvaro,

basically, ITK does not support the desired feature. You could, however,
implement the "n-way" functionality yourself with a certain amount of work
(it is quite a lot of work if you want to keep things generic ...).

At the moment, we are developing a competitive tool for image-guided
radiotherapy ("GPU-powered n-way intensity-based 2D/3D registration
framework", namely "NReg2D/3D") at our institution. The design is finished,
we are currently implementing and integrating it with our environment. It is
a hybrid framework using ITK, VTK, GLSL (GPU-based DRR rendering) and Qt.
Our internal roadmap forecasts a first release in January 2011. We are going
to make the core open source (most likely BSD-like license) then.

Moreover, we are currently establishing a website for our institution's open
source initiative "open-radART"

www.open-radART.org

(which currently points to our old institution site, but is expected to be
updated soon). The mentioned framework (NReg2D/3D), beyond others, can later
be found there.

To cut a long story short, if you have the freedom to wait until January
2011, you do not have to program it yourself ;)

If you have more specific questions about the framework, feel free to
contact me.

Regards,

Philipp Steininger