[Insight-users] 2d 3d registration with multiple 2d images

brian avants stnava at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 13:41:04 EST 2010

This is an interesting question.   Registration refactoring will
address this by formulating the problem as a multi-valued
optimization.   Is it the case that the 2d images are "in the same
space"  i.e. already in some physical correspondence to each other?
If so, then the algorithm would be something like:

- Declare "registration machines" for each of the 2D-3D problems.
- Registration machines contain the image pairs, optimizers, metrics
for each problem.
- Pass the machine set to a multi-resolution , multi-valued
registration coordinator.
- The coordinator will determine how to combine the output of each machine.

Would this type of approach work for  you?

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Bertelsen, Alvaro <abertelsen at ceit.es> wrote:
> Dear ITK users,
>

> I am working on the development of an image-guided surgery application, for
> which I need a library for registration of a 3d image to multiple
> projections. I know about the classes already included in ITK –such as
> RayCastInterpolateImageFunction- and the extended library developed by
> Steininger et al.
> (http://ibia.umit.at/ResearchGroup/Phil/web/Simple2D3DRegistrationFramework.html).
> However, these do not fit our needs as they are limited to a single 2d image
> and we are interested in handling an arbitrary number of them.
>

> I have searched in the mailing list and found some other people asking the
> same question, the last one on April 2006 (unless I have missed a more
> recent one). So, does anyone know about an ITK extension for what I need?
> Or, is there a way (which I am not aware of) to make ITK handle multiple
> fixed (2d) images?
>

> Any help you could provide me will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>

> Álvaro Bertelsen
>
> CEIT, University of Navarra, Spain

ß®∫∆π