[Insight-users] Memory issue

Arunachalam Kana Kana.Arunachalam at fh-wels.at
Thu Nov 25 11:54:22 EST 2010

Hi ITK Users,

Situation: I have 32Gb unsigned short image and I use a 64bit machine, with linux, and my RAM size is 64Gb. I would like to apply the following itk algorithm:

Step1: Original image -> Anisotropic diffusion image filter -> smoothed image

Step 2: Own filter: I calculate the hessian for the input image. I use the hessian image and the input image to segment and produce an output image.

Smoothed image -> hessianrecurssivegaussianimagefilter-> smoothed image + hessian image ->segmentation function -> segmented image

Step 3: Segmented image -> 3dbinarythinning -> thinned image.

After every step the output image will be save to local hard disk.

Questions:

1.       Will there be any memory problem in application of anisotropic diffusion filter, hessian filter and 3dbinarythinning?

2.       If the answer is yes to the above question. How can i solve it?

Thank you,

Regards,

Kana Arunachalam Kannappan

Research Associate