[Insight-users] Questions not in FAQ

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Nov 30 22:54:46 EST 2010

Hi TJ,

ITK builds in multiple platforms,

Most flavors of Linux, Mac, and Windows.

     and even in the iPhone / iPad    :-)

See the Nightly builds in our Dashboard:
http://public.kitware.com/dashboard.php?name=itk

ITK is a C++ library for image segmentation and registration.

ITK is independent of MIDAS,
which is a image database system.

Sometimes we store in MIDAS images that are
commonly used by the community of ITK users.

With ITK you can do image processing of N-Dimensional
images, perform image segmentation and image registration,
including deformable, multi-modality and multi-resolution
registration.

Please look at the Getting Starting Tutorial:
http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf

and further tutorials:
http://www.itk.org/ITK/help/tutorials.html

In what file format have you stored those ultrasound images ?

ITK will read well formatted DICOM files...