[Insight-users] FW: Post-Doctoral Researcher position at Microsoft Research Cambridge, United Kingdom

Sayan Pathak sayanpa at microsoft.com
Sun Oct 10 22:17:56 EDT 2010

Dear ITK users,
If you are exploring Post-Doctoral opportunities in your career, I would like to draw your attention towards this opportunity at Microsoft Research.

Please reach out to me or Antonio (antcrim at Microsoft.com<mailto:antcrim at Microsoft.com>) if you have further questions.
Thanks,
Sayan

Sayan Pathak, PhD
Medical Imaging R&D | Health Solutions Group
Microsoft Corporation
E: sayanpa at microsoft.com<mailto:sayanpa at microsoft.com> P: 425.538.7386

Post-Doctoral position at Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK

Microsoft Research, Cambridge UK is looking for a post-doctoral researcher (associate researcher) in the medical image analysis team. The Medical Image Analysis<http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/medicalimageanalysis/default.aspx> research group is developing technology to push the state of the art on automatic and semi-automatic analysis of medical images. The team is also involved in developing new technology for Microsoft's healthcare software, Amalga. The group's focus is (amongst other things) on automatic organ recognition and segmentation, organ modelling, interactive segmentation, detection and segmentation of tumours, real-time 3D visualization and touch-less interaction for surgical applications.

We are looking for a strong post-doctoral researcher to join the current research team and help push the boundaries of scientific knowledge at a national and international level.

The following experiences are essential:

-          PhD in medical image analysis, computer vision or machine learning;

-          Programming in C++, C# or Matlab.

Any of the following are desirable:

-          Strong mathematical skills;

-          Programming in a MS Windows environment;

-          multi-threaded programming;

-          CUDA.

The expected working week is normal office hours, Monday to Friday, at our Cambridge research lab.

For information please send an email to antcrim at microsoft.com<mailto:antcrim at microsoft.com> with the text "PostDoc position" in the subject line.

Yours Sincerely,

Antonio Criminisi
http://research.microsoft.com/~antcrim