[Insight-users] Rigid Registration based on Region of Interest

Wang Yanbo biewangy at nus.edu.sg
Fri Oct 22 12:49:25 EDT 2010

Hi, ALL

I understand that current registration scheme allows registration based on ROI.
Suppose I have a T2 weighted MRI as fixed image and T1 weighted MRI as moving image, I want to do a rigid registration only for a portion of T2 image, e.g. slice 10 to 20 of T2.
I can treat slice 10 to 20 as ROI of fixed image and do the registration with respect to the moving image. After the optimization procedure, I will get my final transformation parameters T.

Here comes my problems.

1. How can I visualize/get the corresponding region in the transformed moving image? If I use itkresampleimagefilter, I can only transform the whole moving image based on final transformation parameter T, but how to select the region (in the transformed moving image) corresponding to the ROI of fixed image?

2. In my work, fortunately the size of fixed image is exactly the same with the moving image. So, I guess that the corresponding region (in the transformed moving image) would be the region where slice 10 to 20 of T1 (moving image) are transformed to with parameter T and pre-defined center of rotation. Am I correct? I really don't know because the ITK registration scheme looks like a black box to me.

3. Even if I am correct, what should I do if the fixed image and moving image have different sizes?

I really hope someone could help me with this.

Thank you in advance!

Kevin

Message: 3