[Insight-users] MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric incorrect result

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 14:22:18 EDT 2010

I tried to follow the ITK Software Guide to use the ImageRegistrationMethod
with MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Broken/Images/MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric

I modified it by creating the moving image by extracting a patch from the
fixed image. The idea is we know know which answer to expect (the best
registration should be exactly from where we extracted the patch).

The problem is that the final parameters of the registration are (0,0). Does
anyone see a problem/know why that might occur?
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Broken/Images/MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric>
Thanks,

David