[Insight-users] Select one lable of interest among several labels

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 08:55:47 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Abayiz <abayiz at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In my current 3D data, there are several labels generated by "ConnectComponentImageFilter". Right now, I want to just keep one of them, and ignore/delete the other unwanted labels. How can I do this? I've read something about the "itkLableMaskImageFilter" and "itkLabelMapToBinaryImageFilter", but cannot figure out how to use them.
>

> Examples would be very appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

I have put many examples of LabelMap operations here:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples#Blob_Detection.2C_Labeling.2C_and_Properties

You may be interested in how to:

Iteratively process each label:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/ImageProcessing/ObjectByObjectLabelMapFilter

Remove labels based on shape properties:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/ImageProcessing/ShapeOpeningLabelMapFilter

I just added this one:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/ImageProcessing/ManuallyRemovingLabels

which I believe is exactly what you're looking to do here.

Good luck,

David