[Insight-users] Curve/Surface representation and operations

Brecht Heyde Brecht.Heyde at med.kuleuven.be
Thu Aug 11 04:15:48 EDT 2011

Hi David,

Thanks for the clarrification, with 3D I indeed meant the extension from a
2D path to a 3D surface instead of just a 3D path.
Are you familiar with operations on the classes you meantioned which would
allow me to perform these operations (per my previous mail):
(1)	Calculate the mean intensity of the image above/below the contour
over a certain distance
(2)	Calculate the (local/mean) curvature of the curve

Siqi Shen already pointed me to use vtkPolyData in combination with the
vtkcurvature class for (2).

Best,
Brecht