[Insight-users] itk LevelSetsv4

cagatay bilgin bilgincc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 20:55:41 EST 2011

I am trying to understand the new level set framework
and willing to use it in our project. Being able to add
terms to the level set function would be really helpful
I think. Is this the direction that ITK will be taking ?
I see two directories LevelSets and LevelSetsv4, one
having term classes and the other not having them
which makes me wonder how the framework will be
working. It is a little hard to find directions and documentation
for me as the framework is still being developed.

I am trying to build an application that implements the
geodesic chan vese algorithm which uses the internal
and external terms from the chan vese algorithm and
would also include the gradient information from the
geodesic active contours to snap to the edges better.
Should I be working on the filters defined in LevelSets
or in LevelSetsv4? Is there a geodesic term class
defined somewhere that I can use with other terms in
LevelSetsv4 directory ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you,
Cagatay