[Insight-users] ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM ITK V4

Quang Tran quangt.security at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 21:18:16 EST 2011

Hello,

to build ITK with ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM option (with assume that you have
already had the code of gdcm library) you should:

   - build gdcm library (using CMAKE with notice that the build directory
   is out side the code directory)
   - check the option ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM and set the GDCM_DIR to the gdcm
   build directory above
   - set the variables environment of visual studio in such a way that it
   can find the gdcm libraries (ex:  Tools -> Options -> Projects and
   Solotions -> VC++ Directories -> Library files)
   - Run CMake to generate ITK project and build it

(In Linux environment you should set LD_LIBRARY_PATH point to the gdcm
libraries directory)

There is an another way by using CMAKE RPATH handling but I can't success
with this. You can make a reference to
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_RPATH_handling . If you success by this way,
please notice to everyone.

/QuangT