[Insight-users] Parabolic dilatation correct radius

Simon ESNEAULT simon.esneault at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:23:05 EST 2011

Hi All,

Following that conversation on the mailing list :
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2009-June/030778.html
I was convinced that the fastest dilatation filter implementation in ITK is
the multi-threaded parabolic Morphology (
http://mima2.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/parabolicMorphology/).
And my local test confirmed it all.

But I'm having trouble to set the correct radius in the class
itk::BinaryDilateParaImageFilter. With the same radius, the result
highly differs between BinaryDilateParaImageFilter and
the ground-truth BinaryDilateImageFilter. What is the correct radius that
should be set in the Parabolic filter in order to get the same result than
the classical binary dilate ?

Here -> http://esneault.free.fr/itk/TestParabolic.zip <- is a minimal c++
project and a dataset that reproduce the problem

Step to build and run the project :
uncompress
cmake .
make
./TestParabolic

And you should have some result file written. etc

Thanks

Simon

Simon Esneault
13 rue Vasselot