[Insight-users] DICOM WINDOW CENTER AND WIDTH

roberto.laurita roberto.laurita at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 17:57:54 EST 2011

Hi all,

I hope someone will help me. My deal is to import and compare 2 slices
(.dcm).

In Dicom header there are 2 parameters 0028|1050 and 0028|1051 which work
like contrast and brightness. I need to modify these parameters. Doing this,
pixel intensity should be modified.

Using ITK examples I'm able to do everything (read dicom header, and read
pixels) but the change above.

To compare pixel intensities of 2 slice windows center and width must be the
same. A normalization is required.

Could you suggest me how to change windows center and width ?

Thanks

BR

Roberto