[Insight-users] DICOM WINDOW CENTER AND WIDTH

Fleysher, Lazar lazar.fleysher at mountsinai.org
Wed Dec 28 18:36:22 EST 2011

Hello Roberto

If I understood you correctly, you are asking how to convert from pixel intensity to image intensity.
This is done, as far as I know like this:

ImageValue = slope * storedValue + intercept.

However, you should be aware that this is not the whole story. Some other hardware-related
parameters might be at play which might contribute to scaling. It depends on how the data was acquired...

Lazar