[Insight-users] DICOM WINDOW CENTER AND WIDTH

Fleysher, Lazar lazar.fleysher at mountsinai.org
Fri Dec 30 09:52:31 EST 2011

Dear Roberto

I am not familiar with the meaning of "window center" and "window width" so cannot help you there, but as I mentined earlier, when two different acquisitions are made, you have to worry about other things.
You really have to know what your particular system does. there are other factors involved which may not be even stored in DICOM... :( These factors are receiver gain, some other scale factors which manufacturer decided to put in .... yes yes... You have to force the system to operate under identical conditions in two cases. Probably you did that, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

Lazar