[Insight-users] Weights during registration and meansquares metric

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Feb 15 04:48:14 EST 2011

Take a look at the source code of the metric and subclass it. Add teh
ability to specify a weight image for the fixed and moving images and scale
the difference and derivative by the queried weight voxels from the fixed
weight image and from the transformed location on the moving weight image.

If you are using mean squares metric, this should be equivalent to
multiplying the fixed and moving images by their weight images and
performing registration on the resulting weighted images. The Value would
end up being scaled by the weight. The Derivative would end up getting
scaled by Weight^2.

--
karthik