[Insight-users] "Geodesic" distance on a binary image?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 07:26:56 EST 2011

I have an image consisting of a black background and white foreground
pixels. I want to know the shortest distance from one white pixel to another
white pixel on a path constrained to only touch white pixels.

As an example, if the image is of the outline of a circle, the distance from
a point on the circle to a point directly across the diameter should be half
of the circumference, rather than the diameter.

Is there something built in to do this?

Thanks,

David