[Insight-users] GeodesicActiveContours processing time and SignedDanielssonDistanceMap

Ella Maria Kadas ella_kadas at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 05:47:30 EST 2011

Hi,
I managed to start run the GeodesicActiveContoursFilter. I forgot to the line
fastMarching->SetOutputSize(reader->GetBufferedRegion().GetSize());.
I wanted to use the SignedDanielssonDistanceMapFilter, but i get the same problem as before putting the line above as a result.
Is there something similar for the SignedDanielssonDistanceMapFilter to set?

My second question is regarding the time used for the segmentation
I tried to use it on a MRI t2_3D, 256 slices 40 Iteration steps, but it took me more then 4 minutes. Is this a normal behaviour that i should expect on Leopard 10.6 16 GB RAM?

I still think i am missing something because i don't see a connection between the image and the segmented region. (Which leads me to my third question, what does the DistanceValue in the fastMarching means- it just doesn't make sense to me when starting with a seed point only and not with some initial contour).
I send some images maybe this will help to help me:P
i didn't put all of them, but Test4 is the one where i put my seed point.https://picasaweb.google.com/ellaMkadas/TestLevelSet?authkey=Gv1sRgCMrzgp3nsPfWeg#
Thanks,
Ella