[Insight-users] Problem using FEM with landmarks

Magnotta, Vincent A vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu
Thu Feb 17 11:37:28 EST 2011

Christina,

Landmarks do not yet work in 3D in the FEM Framework. We are working to add support for this in ITKv4.

Vince

--
Associate Professor
Department of Radiology
E-mail: vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu
Phone: 319-356-8255 Fax: 319-353-6275
Website: http://www.healthcare.uiowa.edu/Radiology

From: Cristina Oyarzun <coyarzunlaura at googlemail.com<mailto:coyarzunlaura at googlemail.com>>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:38:45 +0100
To: <insight-users at itk.org<mailto:insight-users at itk.org>>
Subject: [Insight-users] Problem using FEM with landmarks

Hello!

I am trying to add landmarks to a FEM registration for 3D volumes. When I try it with the existing example for 2D (DeformableRegistration1 with FiniteElementRegistrationParameters2.txt) everything goes fine, but when trying it in 3D it crashes.

For testing purposes I just use one landmark. Everything works (landmark file is read) until the program arrives to AssembleKandM() function of itkFEMSolverCrankNicolson. Inside this function there is a call to the function GetLandmarkContributionMatrix(). The program crashes at this point, it does not even enter the mentioned function.

I am confused about this since the 2D case works, and the only difference for the 3D case (using DeformableRegistration11) is that the element type is itk::fem::Element3DC0LinearHexahedronMembrane instead of Element2DC0LinearQuadrilateralMembrane.

Do you have any idea of what could be the problem?

Greetings,

Cristina
_____________________________________ Powered by www.kitware.com Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html Kitware offers ITK Training Courses, for more information visit: http://www.kitware.com/products/protraining.html Please keep messages on-topic and check the ITK FAQ at: http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe: http://www.itk.org/mailman/listinfo/insight-users