[Insight-users] segmentation fault

gabriele gabriele.arnulfo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 13:19:33 EST 2011

Segmentation fault quite always happens for a misplaced pointer in the
memory, try to run your exec through gdb (the Gnu Debugger) in order to
have some more insights on why the SegFualts has happend.

GDB command could be used as follow: let's say your exec filename is
myprog run on a terminal

#gdb ./myprog
and when it gives you the blank prompt waiting for input

run <your input for myprog>

after the program stop to run look at the backtrace usign

bt.