[Insight-users] 32- and 64-bit

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Feb 19 19:10:14 EST 2011

Hi Gib

1) Does your computer have a 64 bits processor ?
2) Did you installed Windows 7 for 64 bits ?
3) Is your MingGW a 64-bits installation ?

If (1,2,3) are true, then to build ITK for 64 bits
you just need to do

      mkdir   itkbin
      cd         itkbin
      cmake    ~/src/ITK
      make

If, on the other hand, you are trying to cross-compile
ITK as a 64bits library, by building it in a 32-bits machine,
then you need a lot more than this.

Please clarify which one is your case.