[Insight-users] DiffusionTensor3DReconstructionFilter

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Feb 21 03:36:49 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 2:01 PM, alba garin <albagarin1986 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to use the code of the example of gtract and it happened the same,
> it takes correctly the gradients but when applying the filter,
> DiffusionTensor3DReconstructionImageFilter, it did not create the tensor
> correctly. I checked that because i read the positions of the tensor and
> everything i get is 0.00000 and it happened the same after computing the
> eigenvalues and eigenvectors of the tensor.
> I already have taken a look in the software guide, examples of itk, and
> every single example that appears on the internet.

Alba:

To restate, did you look at this specific example, I post below. The class
is tested you know at itkDiffusionTensor3DReconstructionImageFilterTest :

Also take a look at the examples and tests I placed in the repository:

   Examples/Filtering/DiffusionTensor3DReconstructionImageFilter.cxx

As the example mentions:

// The easiest way to get started is to try out the filter on a sample
dataset.
//
// Acquiring sample datasets:
//  1. Get the DWI datasets from
  http://public.kitware.com/pub/itk/Data/DTI/RawData/dwi.nhdr
  http://public.kitware.com/pub/itk/Data/DTI/RawData/dwi.img.gz
//     These datasets contain a reference T1 image and 30 diffusion weighted
//     images. See the nrrd header for details such as B value etc..
//
//  2. Run the example with the following args
//       dwi.nhdr 80 Tensors.mhd FractionalAnisotropy.mhd
RelativeAnisotropy.mhd 1
//
//  3. You should find 30 gradient images, 1 reference image, the FA and RA
images
//     in your working directory, which you can fire up in your favourite
volume
//     browser.

The reconstructed images shoudl match what's uploaded at :
  http://public.kitware.com/pub/itk/Data/DTI/Reconstructed/

Are you saying that if you run this example on this data, you do not get the
output uploaded above ?

thanks for your help,