[Insight-users] Demons Registration

Ganesh Narayanasamy nganesh76 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 11:51:47 EST 2011

As a follow-up to my earlier message, I can notice that the MSE & Harmonic energy tapers off after just 20 to 30 iterations. This is pretty fast compared to what I have seen with other methods and implementations. However, I have not checked with all permutation and combination of parameters that are possible here.
I suppose these are the only 2 metrics that we need to watch, apart from making sure that the Jacobian stays positive. I am using the same parameters given earlier with Deformation field sigma = 1.5 (default)
I can also see that adding to the multi-resolution levels seems to help, mainly in getting a higher harmonic energy.

Apart from viewing the resulting image and the transformation, I would like to measure the registration error which helps in
understanding how "good" is the warping. One
method is to pick a few fiducial point pairs in the 2 original images and apply the transformation field onto the fiducials of the fixed image.  Is there a way to do so here? I checked with the example code and could not find any.

Appreciate your comments... thanks,
Ganesh