[Insight-users] Convertir nrrd to dicom

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jan 12 16:35:28 EST 2011

Hi Wafa,

Simply use the example:

   ITK/Examples/IO/ReadImageWrite.cxx

The ITK ImageIO factories take care of
all the magic needed to select the proper
file format.

It should be enough to to:

ReadImageWrite   image.nrrd    image.dcm

ITK supports multi-frame dicom files, so you
could do the above for a 3D image (as long
as you adjust the dimension in the source
file as well).

If you really want to get at DICOM series
as output, then you should look at the
example:

ITK/Examples/IO/ImageReadDicomSeriesWrite.cxx

You will find additional details in the
ITK Software Guide

http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in the "Image Reading and Writing" chapter.