[Insight-users] problem with Chan and Vese method of segmentation

Kishore Mosaliganti kishoreraom at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 13:43:31 EST 2011

Hi Juan and Julien,

In case you want to use more than one levelset (multi levelset), then
I have added an example on Insightclopedia. Here is the link:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples#Image_Segmentation
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Segmentation/MultiphaseChanAndVeseSparseFieldLevelSetSegmentation#MultiphaseChanAndVeseSparseFieldLevelSetSegmentation.cxx

Kishore

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Kishore Mosaliganti
<kishoreraom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There is *NO* need for borrowing the Insight Journal classes. Please
> make sure that you compile ITK with the Review option turned on.
>
> The level set filters were renamed and moved to the ITK/Code/Review folders.
>
> Two examples of using the dense and sparse field filters are located
> at ITK/Examples/Review/itkScalarSinglePhaseDense2DTest.cxx and
> ITK/Examples/Review/itkScalarSinglePhaseSparse2DTest.cxx.
>
> There are also numerous examples of its usage at
> ITK/Testing/Code/Review/. You can grep the relevant files in that
> folder.
>
> I am able to compile and use these filters with ITK4.0. If you face
> any further difficulties, please send me the error message.
>
> Kishore
>
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 6:57 AM, Juan Cardelino
> <juan.cardelino at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Julien,
>> Where you been able to do solve this? I've been struggling with the
>> same issue without luck. I'm using ITK 3.19, and I get the following
>> results:
>> * If I remove everything but the main, the includes are not found.
>> * If I add them, it seems that they conflict somehow with the
>> installed ITK classes.
>> If someone is interested, I could upload the error I got.
>>
>> For the original authors,
>> I gave it a try with ITK 4.0 from GIT but there were some classes that
>> have been refactored (itkEuclideanDistance).  So I fell back to 3.19.
>> Are you planning to update this? or have you already done it?
>> In addition, would it be possible to enumerate explicitly which
>> classes are required and which not? It is really hard to tell at the
>> begining.
>>
>> Thanks in advance and great work.
>> Best regards,
>>                   Juan
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 4:26 AM, julien_s <surchenjohn at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I did a folder just with my .cxx et a CMakeList.txt but I have errors because
>>> my file .cxx include ".h" which were present in the Insight Journal Folders
>>> but not in the Review folder.
>>>
>>> For example : "itkSparseMultiphaseLevelSetImageFilter.h"
>>>

>>> (Maybe I also make some errros in the next CMakelist:
>>>
>>> # This is the root ITK CMakeLists file.
>>> CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.4)
>>> IF(COMMAND CMAKE_POLICY)
>>>  CMAKE_POLICY(SET CMP0003 NEW)
>>> ENDIF(COMMAND CMAKE_POLICY)
>>>

>>> # This project is designed to be built outside the Insight sourcetree.
>>> PROJECT(ScalarMultiPhase2DTest)
>>>
>>> # Find ITK.
>>> FIND_PACKAGE(ITK REQUIRED)
>>> INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})
>>>
>>> ADD_EXECUTABLE(ScalarMultiPhase2DTest ScalarMultiPhase2DTest.cxx )
>>>
>>> TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ScalarMultiPhase2DTest ITKCommon)
>>> TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ScalarMultiPhase2DTest ITKNumerics ITKIO)