[Insight-users] Fw: IA-FEMesh Modulus & Poisson Ratio

Matthew McCormick (thewtex) matt at mmmccormick.com
Mon Jan 24 13:06:36 EST 2011

Hi H-B,

My colleague says values range from about 1.5 kPa to 2.5 kPa for both human
and bovine healthy liver tissue.  But cirrhotic livers could get up to 40
kPa.

The properties of other tissues should be not that hard to find with a
search on PubMed.  A good general reference on the topic is Fung's
Biomechanics:
http://books.google.com/books?id=4HaMStTGOHwC&printsec=frontcover&dq=fung+biomechanics&source=bl&ots=YF2mUeZHpu&sig=OLUbkm8hR6wUhYbvSnsj6rLDJrA&hl=en&ei=HL49Tc2DEYHGsAPdrt3fAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CEIQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false

Regards,
Matt