[Insight-users] Hexahedral Mesh Quality

H-B h4cd at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 01:29:08 EST 2011

Hello ITK users,

I have used IA_FEMesh to create hexahedral mesh, but the mesh quality was not like what i expected. I think the problem is in creating block which i couldn't create it perfectly.

While i was reading, i found that hexahedral mesh need preprocessing.
They used SolidWorks to create -automatically- solid models. Then ABAQUS to create mesh.
Is there a free or trial version of SolidWork?
Or is there automatic block generator for IA-FEMesh?

here is snapshout from my work, it looks like good but some places which is not acceptable
http://hh7.net/jan2/hh7net2_12956360321.jpg

Any suggestion is apprecciated.