[Insight-users] Image Registration on Regions of Images

Dawood Al Masslawi masslawi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 07:56:15 EDT 2011

Hi Samantha,

To speed up the execution time make sure you build ITK and your

code in "Release" mode. There would be a huge change in performance.

HTH,

Dawood

Hello,

I am a biomedical engineering student at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
and I am using the ITK library in my research.  I am trying to perform image
registration on 20x20 regions of the fixed image.  I read in a region, then
move the start point of the region over 10 each time, followed by moving
down by 10.  (using nested for-loops)  I have previous code that is written
in Matlab (without using ITK) and was converting to c++ in hopes of speeding
up the run time.  After running the code I wrote however, it takes about the
same amount of time to run.  My code uses the example image registration
code as a basis, and then I modified it to my specific needs, thus I was
expecting results.  My c++ code is below and any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks!
Samantha