[Insight-users] use RGB pointer for greyscale

Dawood Al Masslawi masslawi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 09:27:45 EDT 2011

Hi John,

Readers are templated over the image type, so unless two images

are of same type you can't use the same reader (or writer).

If you want to do RGB operations on a grayscale image you can use the

ScalarToRGBColormapImageFilter to convert the greyscale image to RGB.

HTH,

Dawood

Hello to all,

I would like to know if a RGB pointer could read and write properly a
greyscale image? Or I must use different pointers for RGB and greyscale
images?

Thanks in advance