[Insight-users] optimization methods other than registration

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Jul 4 00:11:12 EDT 2011

The optimization framework is flexible enough to support these needs.
We use it for optimization tasks other than registration. It boils
down to writing your metric (itk::PowerLawMetric) that derives from
itk::SingleValuedCostFunction, overrides the methods that compute the
value from the two parameters that are passed to it and the
GetNumberOfParameters, which is 2 in your case. Use an optimizer like
the amoeba. After this works, you can optionally try and compute the
analytical derivative by overriding GetValueAndDerivative.

thx