[Insight-users] Missing files in ITK 4

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jul 8 08:41:55 EDT 2011

Hello,

itkListSampleBase.h was re factored in 2007 as part of the Statistics framework refactoring. It was an CMake option for a couple of years in ITK v3. It migration guide is separate and can be found here:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/index.php?title=Proposals:Refactoring_Statistics_Framework_2007_Migration_Users_Guide&oldid=35773

Here is the relevant information:

ListSampleBase	Deprecated. The class was unecessary, it was providing only a Search() method that should in fact be provided by a process class, not a data container.
If you were deriving a class from the itk::Statistics::ListSampleBase, you should now derive directly from the itk::Statistics::Sample class.
If you were using the Search() method you can get that functionality now from the (refactored) NeighborhoodSampler filter class. Note that the NeighborhoodSampler now allows users to setup a specific distance metric.