[Insight-users] corresponding functions for connected components in 3D

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Mon Jul 11 04:40:06 EDT 2011

Andy,
check this insight journal article: http://hdl.handle.net/1926/584

Here you will find lots of label / connected component functions. The
methods explained on this article are now shipped as standard ITK classes
(although you need to compile ITK with the USE_REVIEW flag activated).
Be aware that some of those methods may have changed their names /and or
parameters when they were included in ITK review section, but this article
will guide you to the methods you need.

regards

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 5:42 AM, iamrndm b <arindam.osu.cse at gmail.com> wrote:

> dear all  ,
> i have a medical image processing pipeline that I am shifting to ITK from a
> commercial software.
> I am looking for
> imfill , connected components in 3D, bwareaopen in 3D to remove the smaller
> components. to form the latter part of a pipline which does anisotropic
> smoothing and otsu for segmentation.
>
> The connected components seems to be for 2D and the i am unable to find an
> exact replacement for infill and open.
>
> Could somebody guide me in the right direction?
> Thanks
>
> -Andy

Sergio Vera

 Alma IT Systems