[Insight-users] Need a clarification about ConnectedComponentImageFilter

robert tamburo robert.tamburo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 09:01:37 EDT 2011

Connectivity is the only criteria for ConnectedComponentImageFilter

The below include intensity:
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ConfidenceConnectedImageFilter.html#details
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ConnectedThresholdImageFilter.html#details

You can also define your own criteria in an ImageFunction and use it with a
FloodFilledImageFunctionConditionalIterator-- which is how the *Connected*
filters function. An example of how to do this is here:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/WishList/Iterators/FloodFillIterator