[Insight-users] read an image from a file

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 12:17:12 EDT 2011

> Though I install ITK using the Install target, I use different paths for
> debug and release respectively.
> Assume itk_bin is the output directory in CMake.
> There is a subfolder named "bin" in itk_bin and two subfolders named "Debug"
> and "Release" in itk_bin\bin\.
> Debug and Release libaries are in the two subfolders respectively.
> I set different directories in the different modes.

For my Visual Studio development using ITK, VTK, GDCM, VTKEDGE ... I
do not use the INSTALL target on any of these. I just build each
library and set the ITK_DIR, VTK_DIR ... to point to the root folder
where I built the library and my application (configured with CMake)
will always use the correct lib for each configuration.

John