[Insight-users] apply deformation field to a point

Marta Peroni m.peroni at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 17:15:08 EDT 2011

Dear all,
I wonder if any of you knows a simply way to apply a generic vector field to
a point.
To have more insight in this:
I generate an artificial deformation by means of gaussians (i.e. the final
vector field is a composition of 3 gaussians)
I have a point in physical coordinates (A) and its correspondent point (B)
on the final image (extracted via SIFT algorithm)
I want to transform A and check that is "close enough" to B.

The "easiest" way I thought about is the following:
1) read point and vector field in
2) reconstruct the transform by means of interpulation ---> I mean basically
I would need to interpulate the vector field for example with Bsplines
because my points can be anywhere
3) derive the corresponding vector that has to be applied on the point A
4) distance from B

I'm using itk 3.20 on win/linux :) and I would really appreciate any help :)

thanks
Marta