[Insight-users] ITKWikiExamples requiring VTK-5.5

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:20:45 EDT 2011

Dear all,
           I'm trying to build ITKWikiExamples, and I was surprised to
see that required VTK 5.5. In my case, I use ITK from GIT but I'm not
interested on using VTK from GIT. I'd rather use the VTK version
packaged with ubuntu (5.4). Will it be always like this (not having
any backward compatibility), or you are asking for this only because a
certain change from 5.4 to 5.5? It doesn't make any sense to me to
download and compile VTK just to see a couple of ITK examples. Maybe a
way to enable/disable some features will alleviate this.
Any possible workarounds? Apart from the obvious extracting the
examples from the directory and compiling them myself.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
                  Juan