[Insight-users] ITKWikiExamples requiring VTK-5.5

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:33:16 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Juan Cardelino
<juan.cardelino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>           I'm trying to build ITKWikiExamples, and I was surprised to
> see that required VTK 5.5. In my case, I use ITK from GIT but I'm not
> interested on using VTK from GIT. I'd rather use the VTK version
> packaged with ubuntu (5.4). Will it be always like this (not having
> any backward compatibility), or you are asking for this only because a
> certain change from 5.4 to 5.5? It doesn't make any sense to me to
> download and compile VTK just to see a couple of ITK examples. Maybe a
> way to enable/disable some features will alleviate this.
> Any possible workarounds? Apart from the obvious extracting the
> examples from the directory and compiling them myself.
> Thanks in advance.
> Best regards,
>                  Juan

Can you show us the error you're getting?

The top level CMakeLists.txt does not seem to require a particular VTK version:

FIND_PACKAGE(VTK REQUIRED)

The process will soon be slightly different because the ITKVTKGlue
stuff is getting moved into an ITK module instead of living in the
ExamplesWiki repository.