[Insight-users] add two images

john smith mkitkinsightuser at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 10:14:39 EDT 2011

Hello,

I want to read two png images (one is already saved in memory and the other
I get it from a dialog box of Qt).The first is the result of the
segmentation (black for the segmented object) and the second is the original
image. I use AddImage filter as it can be seen from the foloowing code but I
do not get the right result. Could somebody tell me what I am doing wrong?
Is it correct to use two readers?

 ReaderType::Pointer reader1 = ReaderType::New();
  ReaderType::Pointer reader2 = ReaderType::New();

  reader1->SetFileName(fileName.toStdString());
  reader2->SetFileName("result.png");

  reader1->Update();
  reader2->Update();
  typedef itk::AddImageFilter<
            InternalImageType,
            InternalImageType,
            OutputImageType > AddFilterType;

    AddFilterType::Pointer addFilter = AddFilterType::New();
    addFilter->SetInput1( reader1->GetOutput() );
    addFilter->SetInput2( reader2->GetOutput() );

    try
    {
    addFilter->Update();
    }
    catch( itk::ExceptionObject & err )
    {
    std::cout << "ExceptionObject caught !" << std::endl;
    std::cout << err << std::endl;
    }

    WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();
    writer->SetInput( addFilter->GetOutput() );
    writer->SetFileName( "addImage.png" );
    writer->Update();