[Insight-users] Queston about QuickView

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 07:45:05 EST 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 3:29 AM, john smith <mkitkinsightuser at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like some information about QuickView. What exacly is QuickView?
Is it an open source library like itk and vtk? Where could I find it and how
to install it? Could I use an other tool in its place, such as a
visualization toolkit or a simple writer object?

> Thanks

QuickView is a small ITK-to-VTK interface that we wrote to allow an ITK
image to be displayed on the screen without the 20+ lines of code that was
previously necessary (using a itkImageToVTKImageFilter and then manually
creating a vtkImageActor, vtkRenderer, vtkRenderWindow,
vtkRenderWindowInteractor, and vtkInteractorStyleImage).

The syntax is as easy as:

 QuickView viewer;
 viewer.AddImage(reader->GetOutput());
 viewer.AddImage(....);
 viewer.Visualize();

You can download the "ItkVtkGlue" code which includes QuickView from here:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples#ItkVtkGlue

David