[Insight-users] Region Growing filter just for a region in the image

Ella Maria Kadas ella_kadas at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 02:50:01 EDT 2011

Hi,

   I am trying to use in a processing step the region growing filters in a 3D image. My problem is that no matter which filter i use from the ThresholdConnected, ConfidenceConected or even NeihborhoodConnected and no matter how i set the parameters i always get in some cases sometimes almost the hole image.
   Even if i doesn't seem that the points are related as neighbors and grey values.
   So i was wondering if there is some way the define like a bounding cube, in order to do apply this filters only on a volume cut from the image.
   I suppose i could create a new image only containing this cut, i am just afraid that i will get in trouble then to go back with the segmented region in the right position on the original image.
    Is there some other good way to do this?
Thanks,
Ella