[Insight-users] [vtkusers] Writing Makefile for ITK based program

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:51:17 EDT 2011

> excuse me, /maybe I asked/ the question in a /wrong way
>
> I mean that /everything is done  to use only CMake /in ITK;
>
> i. e. there is no tools /for the user writes your own Makefile conveniently.
>
> thanks for replay and excuse my english.

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list.

I think it is pretty standard for a project to pick a build system and
only support (or even recommend) that users of the project use the
same build system.

That said, there is no magic - all you would have to do is set the
appropriate include directories and link the the appropriate
libraries. But CMake does it all for you, so I'm not sure why you
wouldn't want to take advantage of that.

David