[Insight-users] [vtkusers] Writing Makefile for ITK based program

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Wed Mar 23 10:04:22 EDT 2011

Writing simple Cmakelists.txt for simple programs is pretty
straightforward... truly.
However, making cmake locate other components /libraries of your application
that aren't integrated with cmake can be harder to do.

That said, once you have compiled ITK you can use the headers / libraries
just as any other library you need to use. Just tell your compiler where the
H are located and where are the lib files.

regards

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 2:51 PM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:

> > excuse me, /maybe I asked/ the question in a /wrong way
> >
> > I mean that /everything is done  to use only CMake /in ITK;
> >
> > i. e. there is no tools /for the user writes your own Makefile
> conveniently.
> >
> > thanks for replay and excuse my english.
>
> Please keep the discussion on the mailing list.
>
> I think it is pretty standard for a project to pick a build system and
> only support (or even recommend) that users of the project use the
> same build system.
>
> That said, there is no magic - all you would have to do is set the
> appropriate include directories and link the the appropriate
> libraries. But CMake does it all for you, so I'm not sure why you
> wouldn't want to take advantage of that.
>
> David

Sergio Vera

 Alma IT Systems
 C/ Vilana, 4B, 4º 1ª