[Insight-users] problems running and incoherent documentation in Chan-Vese segmentation examples

Arnaud Gelas arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Wed May 11 11:31:47 EDT 2011

Hi Juan,

As part of the ITKv4 effort, we are in the process of refactoring the
whole level set framework.
We try to make the new framework as generic, and as flexible as
possible to mix any kind of
terms. One of the first implementation to validate the framework is
this one.

In short term, we won't be make any change on any of these classes in
Review; and it
is already planed to get rid of these classes (to relocate them into
the deprecated module),
but also to provide an equivalent with the new framework in long-term.

You can contribute patches, documentation based on existing classes;
but most likely will be deprecated.
Writing examples is an excellent idea, it will force developers like
us to modify the example to make it works
with new API. Note that examples are tested every night!!

You can also contribute in the development of the new level set
framework itself, and we could discuss offline
about it on how you could contribute.

Best,
Arnaud