[Insight-users] problems running and incoherent documentation in Chan-Vese segmentation examples

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Wed May 11 14:18:52 EDT 2011

Hi Arnaud,
    Good to know that. I'm currently using 3 different algorithms from
the Level Set framework. Two of them are used as is (Chan-Vese and
Geodesic Active Countours (GAC) with shape guidance) and I only wrote
wrapper code to perform tracking with them and to parse command line
arguments. For the third (classic GAC), I've specialized some of the
classed to perform semi-interactive (user assisted) segmentation.
Essentially, I'm adding a magnet term (minimizing the distance to
given points) that attracts the contour to the user specified points.
Maybe I could contribute that, but I think it is too silly to be
contributed.
But I'm certainly interested in contributing examples. In addition, I
think the examples in the way I'm thinking them could be written with
some independence of the implementation (apart from the code). I think
providing a good explanation, images and results is as important as
the code itself