[Insight-users] Emacs/CB for ITK

Krishnan V v.srikrishnan at gmail.com
Sun May 15 09:44:23 EDT 2011

Hi all,
I have been using ITK for sometime now, mostly under emacs. While VS is
useful, i use GNU/Linux OS. I have put in CEDET package under emacs for code
completion. I simply used the instruction given here
http://alexott.net/en/writings/emacs-devenv/EmacsCedet.html. However, I do
not get the symbol completion, especially after ->. So,
1. has anyone successfully used emacs for ITK completion and if so, pl. post
the .emacs file and other tips? I am sure that there must be some emacs
users out there who use ITK as well!
2. CEDET has something called EDT for managing projects; how difficult/easy
would it be to generate an output for EDT?
2. As a second option, Codeblocks is also very useful but i have noticed
that, at least for the image file reader/writer, the SetFileName doesnt
appear the first time. Various smartpointers etc. appear. Can someone point
out a way out of this?
These are not really ITK questions but any help will be appreciated.
thanks
krishnan